Sunday, August 31, 2008

Palin/Alaska: This Time It's Not Seward's Folly, It's McCain's


The following is from a transcript of an interview with a reporter from the newspaper identified below, according to the HuffingtonPost.



Anchorage Daily News

The reporter, Kyle Hopkins, asked, according to the transcript posted today, "Are you ready to be President Palin if necessary?"

"I am ... I am up to the task, of course, of focusing on the challenges that face America," she said. Palin then went on: "And I am very pleased with the situation that I am in, when, when you consider the situation now that Alaska will be in.

"And that is Alaska, and Alaskans will be allowed to contribute more to our great country and they'll be allowed to do that because I -- if we're elected -- will be in a position of opening the eyes of the country to what it is that Alaska is all about and what Alaska has to offer. So, I am happy to and very honored to be asked to do this. I know it's going to be great for Alaska."

No comment from me--or anyone else, for that matter--is necessary.

No comments: