Thursday, August 28, 2008
Reading The Speech
Below are this guy's selection of the highlights of the Candidate's excellent, inspirational acceptance speech, without quotation marks.
"This guy"--me--could weave these snippets into a tapestry that would be a comprehensive, positive advertising assault that even Hillary supporters--the "under-informed" voter--could embrace, and that could have enough magnetism to attract fence-sitters and some who currently lean toward McCain, but nevertheless have an IQ above 93.
I'm too tired and too in love to do that right now.
[I apologize for the arrogance inherent in this post.]
* an economy that honors the dignity of work.
* many of these plans will cost money, which is why I’ve laid out how I’ll pay for every dime
* programs alone can’t replace parents
* The Bush-McCain foreign policy has squandered the legacy that generations of Americans — Democrats and Republicans — have built, and we are here to restore that legacy.
* As commander in chief, I will never hesitate to defend this nation, but I will only send our troops into harm’s way with a clear mission and a sacred commitment to give them the equipment they need in battle and the care and benefits they deserve when they come home.
* America, we cannot turn back.
AIN'T THAT AMERICA!---SPRINGSTEIN, cited by "This Guy."