Saturday, May 31, 2008

Profiles in Courage: Obama, Hillary, McCain

Want to make something very clear to Obama supporters.

What he has done, and is doing, is monumentally historic.

Most of all, I truly admire his physical courage in running for the Office of the President of the United States as an African-American in a still-racist country such as ours.

Even a man as patently courageous as General Colin Powell would not run for the Office, allegedly because his wife feared for his physical safety.

Win or lose, Barack Obama has shown that he is a man of supreme courage, as has, by the way, his opponent McCain.

Why any sane human being would seek the job as POTUS is beyond me.

But McCain, Hillary and Barack, especially Hillary, and even more so Barack, have shown flat-out, old fashioned courage in running for the Office.

I think they're all nuts, but I tip my hat to them.

No comments: